Sunday, 18 January 2015

Poems using different poetic devices, Yupar

Poems ( Rhyme)
The Life Of A Cupcake

They put me in the oven to bake.
Me a deprived and miserable cake.
Feeling the heat I started to bubble.
Watching the others I knew I was in trouble...


Poems ( Alliteration )

Three Grey Geese By Mother Goose

Three grey geese in a green field grazing, Grey were the geese and green was the grazing.
Poems ( Onomatopeia )
When The Lights Go Out
The door went creak
In the still of the night
The floor went bump
Oh what a fright
All of a sudden, we heard a chime
The grandfather clock was keeping good time
We turned down a hallway and heard a loud crash
It seems that someone had dropped all the trash
So many sounds when the lights go out
It’s enough to make you scream and shout!
Poems ( Simile )
Treasure by Marissa Faries
Our bond shall always be a treasure,
As its worth has always been beyond measure.
Like how words are hard to find,
Times we have shared are buried in your mind.
I swear though, I will always remember,
All the things we have done together.
Though we said farewell as we buried those rarities,
Only time will tell when it will be
When we reunite like the explorers by the sea.
Then, and only then, will we see with clarity,
What true treasure between us
Truly means to me.
Poems ( Metaphor )
A Broken Family Tree
I am one of many
Small branches of a broken tree
Always looking to the ones above
For guidance, strength and security....
Poems ( Hyperbole )

The Last Shot


The crowd was as tense as a mouse meeting fear;
Their backs are straighter than rulers.
Time is like the speed of light.
Everybody’s eyes are as large as saucers.
I am always given the last shot;
My aim is as certain as the rising sun.

Poems ( Personification )

Take a Poem to Lunch by Denise Rodgers

I'd love to take a poem to lunch
or treat it to a wholesome brunch
of fresh cut fruit and apple crunch.
I'd spread it neatly on the cloth
beside a bowl of chicken broth
and watch a mug of root beer froth.

I'd feel the words collect the mood,
the taste and feel of tempting food
popped in the mouth and slowly chewed,
and get the smell of fresh baked bread
that sniffs inside and fills our head
with thoughts that no word ever said.

And as the words rest on the page
beside the cumin, salt and sage,
and every slowly starts to age,
like soup that simmers as it's stirred,
ingredients get mixed and blurred
and blends in taste with every word
until the poet gets it right,
the taste and smell
and sound and sight,
the words that make it fit.
Just write.
Poems ( Symbolism )
Freedom
This place, inside, where all my feelings keep. That lies somewhere between my heart and soul. Should I, the guardian of my fortress seek, Protection from those, who would see them stole. So many times have you this bastion breeched, With scant regard for all the dangers posed. That my hopes and dreams should not be reached, By eyes that only wish my heart exposed. These inmates with their liberty restrained. That strive against their shackles and their chains. Am I their jailor too cautious to be blamed, To free them no matter what their claims. And if freeing them should reveal my heart, I might be also freed.. my life to start.

Poems (Imagery)

Summer Night By Alfred Tennyson

Now sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;
Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;
Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font:
The firefly wakens: waken thou with me.
Now droops the milk-white peacock like a ghost,
And like a ghost she glimmers on to me.
Now lies the Earth all Danaƫ to the stars,
And all thy heart lies open unto me.
Now slides the silent meteor on, and leaves
A shining furrow, as thy thoughts in me.
Now folds the lily all her sweetness up,And slips into the bosom of the lake
So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip
Into my bosom and be lost in me.
Poems ( Free verse) 

Fog by Carl Sandburg

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.


No comments:

Post a Comment