Monday, 27 April 2015

A time I persevered and was successful (Isabella)

As the third child in my family, my sisters had always seemed to trump me at everything I did. Whenever my sisters came home with news of another award, I would always feel as insignificant as a footprint on the vast beach of my sisters' achievements as my parents congratulated my sisters. I decided that it was time to step up my own game.
Being the head Science Representative in Primary School, I decided to make science presentations for the school,  teach my younger peers about Science through games and participated in whatever Science-related competitions or events I knew about. Ambitions soaring like an eagle, I started participating in competitions of my other interests besides Science and became more active in school. Soon, I saw myself attaining trophies, medals and certificates, just like my sisters, and my efforts in school showed on my report card. Holding the report card, a triumphant smile spread across my face, and I felt as though I was shining from the inside. I knew that finally, through hard work, I was much more significant than a footprint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment