Monday, 27 April 2015

A time I persevered and was successful

It started when I decided to go to SST for my secondary education in primary five. As of that time, I had only attended one robotics competition, and judging by the "technology immersed" look of the school, it seemed to me that I would require the certificates from a lot more robotics competitions to be even eligible for the first stage of DSA (Direct School Admission). So I went on to attend three more robotics competitions in primary six (Robocup 2013 (hosted at Singapore Polytechnic), National Junior Robotics Competition (NJRC) and the Make-A-Thon (at SST)), got a award at a calligraphy competition in 2013, then went to apply for the first stage of DSA (the General Ability Test (GAT) and the Comprehensive Ability Test (CRT)), during which one could practically smell the tension in the air . After the first battery of tests, I came to SST for a test, which I also passed (and after which I managed to get enough marks to qualify me for the Express stream). After struggling to get into SST for about two years since I decided to get there, I finally managed to get to the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment