Monday, 27 April 2015

A time I persevered and was successful

Back in January, during the camp, we were to complete a course as part of the Higher Elements training. However, due to my fear of heights, I was unable to complete the Higher Elements course a mere two years back. Back then, it felt like my knives were piercing into my arms, and even as I pulled myself up long after my arms felt like they were lifeless, and fatigue just breezing past me, I simply could not complete the course. However, this time, I was determined to complete what I could not.
After climbing up the horseshoe-hooks, which would lead to the actual course,  I could feel my legs turning to lead even without looking down. Beads of perspiration dotted my forehead. Still, as I pushed through what felt like jelly, but actually is my fear, I soon completed the course. The sense of accomplishment flooding through me allowed me to climbing down the other end of horseshoe-hooks. As soon as I touched the ground, I felt like the largest storm I had ever seen in my life had just passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment