Monday, 27 April 2015

A time when I persevered and was successful (yay!)

It was physical testing period. One of the tests was Sit and Reach. Beads of perspiration formed on my forehead as I approached the bench. Knowing that I was as stiff as a plank, I asked the teacher for leniency as I usually got an 'F' for Sit and Reach. However, with a steely gaze, she firmly said no. Once I sat at the bench, I felt as weak as a small and puny twig. When the teacher gave the signal to go, I stretched as far as I could, thinking that I was like a rubber band, and continued stretching, even though every inch forward was like stretching the rubber band to its limit, almost to the point that I felt as if that rubber band was going to snap. Eventually, the pain was too much to bear and I pulled back. A sense of dread crept over me as I watched the teacher record my score. After she did so, she told me I had passed. When I heard it, a wave of euphoria rushed through me. I jumped into the air with joy, and yelled triumphantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment